Ward, Byrne, and Conklin Dental Group is proud to offer Botox® and Juvéderm™ as part of our comprehensive facial treatment. This conservative and discreet treatment can radically enhance facial aesthetics by minimizing wrinkles and smoothing out the skin of the face. These treatments are a natural extension of the comprehensive dental services we provide. There are few health professionals with a more detailed understanding of facial anatomy than a well trained dentist and our unparalleled experience with intraoral anesthetic injections allows us to provide an expertise that is often unmatched. These experiences and the use of proper oral anesthesia are the key to painless dermal filler injections that few other healthcare professional can provide.
Botox® is a safe and effective FDA-approved medication most commonly used to eliminate facial wrinkles and frown lines by decreasing the movement of the muscles in the troubled areas. It is specially formulated with a purified protein, which relaxes the muscles when injected.
Botox® can significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your face in the following areas: worry lines in forehead, lines between the eyebrows, smile lines, and crow’s feet. It also has been very effective for relaxing muscles that cause bruxism or clenching and grinding.
Getting a Botox® injection is a minimally invasive procedure that allows patients to return to normal daily activities immediately afterward. The results typically last anywhere from 3-5 months on average.
Juvéderm™ is a smooth gel that is made up of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance found in your body. By carefully injecting Juvéderm™ underneath the skin, your skin can be completely rejuvenated, ultimately adding volume and reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds like your smile lines or parentheses (nasolabial folds, the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth).
Juvéderm™ offers patients a safe and effective treatment with little to no down-time. Juvéderm™ is less invasive than other fillers and provides patients with dramatic improvement almost immediately following treatment. Results can last up to six months.
What areas of the face can be treated?
- worry lines in forehead
- lines between the eyebrows
- smile lines
- crow’s feet
- bruxism or clenching and grinding.
- Smile lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Lip enhancement
Frequently asked Questions
- How long does it last? Botox will usually last 3-5 months, while Juvéderm usually lasts about 6 months.
- Will I notice the results immediately? Botox takes up to two weeks to take effect. Juvéderm you will notice the results almost immediately.
- Does it hurt? Botox are quick little injections, with a very fine needle that causes little to no pain. Juvéderm is painless because as a dental provider I am able to anesthetize the tissue around the mouth so that you do not feel the Juvéderm injections.
- Are there any precautions to take? Before having Botox or Juvéderm it is best to not take NSAIDS (like ibuprofen) or drink alcohol for 24 hours prior as this can cause the blood to thin leading to possible bruising. Also it is best to have these procedures performed 1-2 weeks prior to a major event again in case you have any mild bruising.
- Should I avoid anything after the procedure? It is best to avoid exercising and applying make-up for 24 hours after the procedure as to ensure you do not put pressure on your face.